Key focus areas:
- Streamline on top and under water on front and back
- Kicking freestyle, backstroke, butterfly and breaststroke
- Freestyle, Backstroke
- Breaststroke drill – Two kicks one pull
- Floating and balance while carrying out movement
To graduate to Novice the swimmer must demonstrate proficiency in:
- Freestyle, backstroke, breaststroke and butterfly kick on a board for fifteen meters.
- Freestyle catch up drill with six beat kick for fifteen meters.
- Backstroke for 15 meters.
- Breaststroke drill (two kicks, one pull) for fifteen meters.
- Dive in, dolphin to surface and swim freestyle to the end of the pool with no stops.